How Do I Sell My House Fast Alabama?
If you are looking to sell your house fast, selling to a cash buyer like Birmingham Homebuyers, LLC may be right for you. In most situations it is a much quicker and easier process to sell your house to a cash buyer than going the more traditional route of listing it with a real estate agent.
Since we are cash buyers you will not need to do any repairs or pay any commissions, and we can close in as little as 7 days (we can also schedule closing to fit your schedule if you need more time to move).
How to Sell Your House in 7 Days
- Sell your house AS-IS to a local cash buyer. (Check out BBB rating and reviews before calling anyone)
- Ask potential buyers about the process, inspections, and closing timelines.
- Ask your buyer about anything that may change before closing (will they have inspections, and will they try to renegotiate after inspections?).
- Make sure your cash buyer really has the cash to close. Sometimes buyers will represent themselves as cash buyers, and then later reveal that they are getting a loan. This will slow down the process. You can search your local county records office (usually quickly online) to see if your “buyer” has really purchased properties for cash.
- Make sure you use a reputable title company and closing attorney for the closing.
What does “We Buy Houses for Cash” really mean?
“We Buy Houses for Cash” typically means that your buyer has cash in the bank, or has the means to private funding to close on real estate transactions. It does not mean that the buyer will be bringing you a briefcase full of cash at closing. Rather, you will probably be receiving a check from the closing attorney. When you meet with a potential cash buyer, trust your gut. If you do not believe that the buyer really has cash and can close quickly on your house, then do not sign a contract with them.
Is it worth it to sell my house for cash in Alabama?
In most cases, a seller will get a higher price when listing with a realtor than by selling for cash to an investor. The advantage to selling to an investor is how fast and easy the process will be. When deciding on whether to list with a realtor or to sell your house for cash to an investor, consider the math. Although you may get a higher sales price with a realtor, you will be paying commissions (up to 7% of the sales price), closing costs, attorney fees, recording fees, and maintenance and utility fees while the house is on the market. Additionally, you will have to be inconvenienced with showings (usually at inconvenient times), and will need to keep your house spotless to get top dollar.
On the other hand, if you sell to a reputable home buyer directly, many of these fees and inconveniences an be avoided. At Birmingham Homebuyers, when we buy your house for cash you will not have to pay any closing costs or fees, and no commissions! This can save you thousands of dollars when selling your home. The only thing that comes out of your proceeds are anything you owe on the property (mortgages, liens, and prorated property taxes). In most cases, what we offer you will be almost exactly what you will receive at closing.
Additionally, we will not ask you to do any repairs when selling your house in Alabama. Since we are professional homebuyers, we have relationships with contractors and can usually get repairs done for a fraction of the cost. We won’t even ask you to clean up. You can take what you want from the home and leave the rest! Best of all, we can close quickly so that you will not incur additional costs related to owning the property.